Friday, August 27, 2010

GRIEVING THE LOSS OF A LOVED ONE......

It's not very often that one experiences the loss of a loved one. But when it happens, the feeling is undescribable. It has been so many years since i last lost a loved one....several loved ones in a span of only one year or so - my dad, my grandmother, and an uncle. And just last July 22, another uncle of mine passed away. Tito Nene Albert, the only brother of my mom, who peacefully died in the U.S. His loving wife, Tita Marissa de Leon Albert, brought Tito Nene's ashes here in Manila just recently, and his ashes laid at the Santuario de San Antonio mortuary in Forbes Park, for two days - yesterday afternoon, until this afternoon, where his ashes were placed in a crypt. During the mass held this afternoon, i couldnt help but shed tears, not only because of the sadness i felt but the true meaning of losing a dear uncle - a dear relative of mine. It has been so many years since i last shed a tear for a dear relative, and the feeling is so painful, most specially, seeing all your loved ones around you in tears as well. I am so very thankful for my cousin Pepito Albert, who took care of everything, from the priest, to the preparations and the food. I commend him for executing only the best for his dad, and i salute him for that. We will all dearly miss you Tito, and we are all very sure that you are now up there in heaven with my dad, my lola, and my other Titos, and my cousins Kathy and Rosalie. We bid you Farewell...here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment